Monday, February 2, 2009

The Knee

Well, it has been almost two weeks since my knee started giving me some trouble, but I am remaining positive and upbeat about things. A lot of good has come of it. I have had the chance to meet some amazing health care practitioners (from all different backgrounds) and been introduced to all kinds of different ways of thinking and approaching the rehabilitation of this injury. I have also had the incredible support of my team and friends. As Mike the coach I often have to give the "stay off of it and rest" advice to my athletes. It is one thing to give it, it is another thing to take it. I have had to take my own advice and with the advisement of my coach not run for the past couple of weeks. Although it may seem like wishful thinking, I still firmly believe I am on track for a great race in Taupo in just under 5 weeks time. The path I am on is the one my body has chosen to take. One thing is for certain, I won't be going in over trained.

No comments: