Monday, January 19, 2009

37

"If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you be?"

Hard to believe that I turned 37 last Saturday. I am probably as close to the best shape I have ever been in my life so 37 is really just a number and not how old I would be if I didn't know I was born in 1972. The only real difference now is my recovery time. I am definitely not quite as spry those first few steps out of bed in the morning after a hard run or a long ride and I definitely have to take advantage of all the little recovery tools now more than ever; massage, chiropractic, ice, compression gear, epsom salts, nutrition. All the little things that you can maybe get away with not doing in your 20's, are simply a MUST now. However, when I am swimming, biking and running these days I feel great. Training is on track, the work is getting done here in Victoria and I look forward to the next 7 weeks of Ironman preparation.

No comments: