Thursday, October 2, 2008

Swimming with a Criminal

"Rach, Catch"

Ben getting ready for a ride

Easy day today. We woke up early on west coast time, had breakfast and then hit Lava Java for a coffee before going down to the Pier for an easy 45min swim. The water was extremely warm and clear today. This was nice until we hit the sea lice out on the course. Ben described it as feeling like being "tasered". I didn't know Ben had been tasered before, and I didn't follow up on this comment. After the swim it was up to Walmart to pick up a few things. (interesting fact; if Walmart were a nation it would be China's sixth largest importer of goods). After Walmart, it was nap time. I slept hard for a good hour. I love these naps. You wake up feeling heavy, but you know that it is just energy being stored up.

The only other training on the agenda today was a 2 hour spin to loosen out the legs. Rach, Ben and I all rode together on this one. The legs felt like absolute lead starting out on the ride but they loosened up by the second hour and actually felt good by the end. There were only a few other athletes out on the highway, but a very fit Cameron Brown passed us on the way into town. I hope he has a good race. I have met him a couple of times and he really seems like a down to earth, humble guy.

Well, that is it for today. A big hello to all of the HPR gang in Victoria and Columbus. I know I will see a few of you down here in a few days. Travel safe!

No comments: