Saturday, September 6, 2008

Training Camp Update

We are now 4 days into the Kona camp.
The routine is pretty simple; Eat/Train/Eat/Rest/Train/Eat/Rest/Train/Eat/Sleep. Get up and do it again. Definitely not a chance to come here and rest before the race (as one of Ben's co-workers had thought).
Today Ben did a time trial of the bike course and tomorrow is my turn. So far everything has gone well and we have gotten some great work in. The weather has been typical of Kona; HOT and HUMID! I look forward to another 3 days of work here and then putting in the final few weeks back home in Victoria.

On a side note, I was sad to miss BeerFest in Victoria last night, but I understand that the HPR crew were champions. The best quote I have heard from the night (so far) from (who else) a sober Luke to a sober Karyn; "Aren't they cute at this age?". Hope everyone had fun!

No comments: