Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WOW

WOW! I don't know how many times I have said that during these Olympics; Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Canadian Men's Eight, Simon Whitfield. I have lost count.
There has been inspiring moments every day the past week and a half. This is what sport is all about and it is why our athletes deserve support not only Olympic years, but the 3 years after the games as well.

As for my Olympic predictions; I was bang on for the women, but unfortunately the men's race didn't play out the way I thought it would. I expected Matt Reed to get away in a break with a few of the other strong riders and then only Simon and Gomez would run him down.

The paper this morning mentioned that Whitfield's silver was the most watched event of the Olympics so far (almost 3 million). Pretty cool that a scrawny kid from Kingston brings the country together (and has pretty much everyone yelling at there televisions) every 4 years. Congratulations Simon!

No comments: