Sunday, August 10, 2008

Me and Rex


Creatures of habit! Yep, that pretty much sums up me and Rex. He loves his routine and so do I. When I am out of routine, I get irritable and grumpy. So does he. He has his favourite places to run, so do I. Luckily, they are the same places so we run together. Since the move, we have both been a bit out of sorts just trying to re-program ourselves and set up some new routines in a new neighborhood. Another funny thing that I have noticed is that he takes great comfort in knowing that he has a ball or a stick in the vicinity. I am pretty much the same way with my bike and running shoes. Even if everything is different, having those couple things near provides some comfort. There was a time when I lived out of a suitcase and traveled from place to place, but the older I get the more I like having a place to call home.

Training is going well, the race last weekend actually tired me out more than I thought it would have. I spent the first part of the week really tired, not sore at all, just really fatigued. Things have turned around now, and with the Olympics on it is not hard to find inspiration.

No comments: