Monday, July 5, 2010

Vancouver Half Iron - 4th


I jumped into one more race last Sunday in preparation for Ironman Lake Placid which is now less than three weeks away. I have now raced more this summer than I have in the previous two summers combined. The race last weekend was my 5th Half Iron of the season and 3rd in the last 6 weeks. I definitely went into this race with some fatigue but I was surprised that I felt as good as I did. I feel as though I am rounding into form and with a bit of sharpening and some rest I should be in great shape when it comes time to race Ironman on July 25th.

As for the race yesterday; I can break it down pretty easily. I had a bad start and spent the rest of the swim trying to catch the main group. I had a strong bike for 2 loops and then the fatigue took over and I lost a bit of time over the 2nd half. I ran as fast as my legs would take me on this day. I locked into a pace and held it for the entire day. Unfortunately it was not fast enough pace to catch Stevo or Jeff and not quick enough to hold of a hard charging Trevor Wurtelle. Was it fast enough for an Ironman, yes. Time to recover!

No comments: