Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 7






Run Day! Today was one of those workouts that stays with you (both physically and mentally) on race day. The run from town into and out of the Energy Lab and then back to the Ironman Finish on the Pier. A couple days ago Ben emailed me to remind me that during our training camp last year he ran it in 1:55 (a couple minutes faster than I did I might add). Today my schedule called for a couple of tempo sections during the run so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could get close to that 1:55. Turns out it was extremely close but I got there with 17 seconds to spare. OK, I had to book it a little along Alii Drive, but the gauntlet had been thrown down. Hopefully I have that little bit extra on race day as well.

Once again Kev was integral to this run being successful. Having ice cold water and Gatorade every mile makes a world of difference. His words of wisdom at the end were great too: "The next time you get here on the run you can have a beer!" AMEN!

No comments: