Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lucky


Thank you to all of you who sent well wishes after my post about the bike accident. I didn't realize that so many people were daydreaming at work and checking this blog out.
I thought I should do a quick follow up on the aftermath of the accident. The good news is that I am OK. My wrist is a bit sore from landing on it, but there was no major damage to my body. My bike on the other hand is now ready for the scrap heap. Apparently carbon is not that sturdy a material when it is smoked from the side by a car. Perhaps we can save it and use it for the Trek/Pro City bike frame toss at next years Christmas party. My only concern now is getting another bike in time for next Sunday's race in Oliver. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Today is another beauty day here in Victoria. I am looking forward to jumping on the road bike and heading out with the team in a couple of hours.

I also want to wish the best of luck to Krista and Monique who are in Kona racing the Honu 70.3 this weekend and Sara Gross who is taking on IM Brazil. GO FAST!

No comments: