Friday, February 13, 2009

Energy

There are two types of people out there; those that give you energy and those that take it away. I am extremely lucky that I am surrounded by people that give energy. A simple test; think of people in your life and your meetings with them. Do you walk away from those meetings feeling energized and good about yourself or do you leave the encounter feeling a bit down? I am blessed to be surrounded by great people. I think one of the great things about HPR, Island Triathlon, the NTC (as it stands now) and my circle of friends in general is that I honestly walk away from my encounters with them feeling better about the world and myself. One of the things that has gotten me through this latest injury is the energy around me. There was never one moment where I had someone tell me or make me think I wouldn't be ready.

Those with negative energy love to get together with others with similar negative energy and brood over what it not right in their lives. There are too many good people out there that are willing to lift you up. Spend time with them and ask yourself if people leave your encounters feeling better about themselves and life in general.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

I don't remember who said it but it rings true.

No comments: