Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Training on Simmer!


I have been posting a lot of stuff non sport related so I thought it was time to let you all know what is up in my triathlon life. Human Powered Racing is starting it's 4th full season here in Victoria. Once again the team is fantastic and I look forward to another year of training with, and coaching this extremely talented, motivated group of athletes.

I have no other real objective other than getting the fittest I have ever been and racing faster than I ever have before in Kona! The first step is to get qualified. I was hoping to get down to New Zealand and get my spot early, but I am still waiting to hear from them on that one. In the meantime, I have two camps planned with HPR. One in Kona in February and then another in Tucson in March. If New Zealand happens between the two, perfect! If not, I will be extremely fit for an Ironman somewhere in the spring. As soon as I know where I am racing I will post it here.

In the meantime, I am back swimming with the NTC here in Victoria and working hard to get a couple minutes off of my swim time; the real key to my next Ironman.

Tomorrow, I am in to get the wisdom teeth out so that will probably mean meals through a straw and a couple days off of training. Can't wait!

No comments: