Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fish Acting Strangely




A few shots of today's run, coming and going!

Today started off with a good swim of the entire course with Rach and Ben. Rach is something else, this was her longest swim in months and she still hung with us the entire way. I think it might have been the fact that she doesn't like sharks (or at least the thought of being alone out there with them). Speaking of sharks, when Ben and I were here for the camp a few weeks ago there were shark warnings at all the beaches. This was a bit of a concern. The newspaper here offered a few things to watch for to limit your chances of encountering a shark. Apparently one of the things to watch for is fish acting strangely. Does anyone know what fish acting strangely looks like? I was quite certain I saw some fish acting strangely today, but luckily it did not lead to a shark sighting. Of course our cabbie here one year told us that "for every shark we think we saw, 7 or 8 saw us and swam away." Words I don't think I will ever forget.

The only other workout today was a 50min run with some tempo over the middle 15 minutes. Rach rode along side on the bike and took today's pictures.

Rach and I are now crashing here by ourselves for a few nights. Ben has gone off to his own condo and Luke and Heather don't arrive until Tuesday. Luke and Heather have stayed with us the last two years and it has been great having them with us. Luke is able to keep things pretty relaxed in any situation.

I would like to say a big thank you to Ian, Eileen and Eric. Rach and I had a great dinner tonight at Lava Java. Thanks Guys!

No comments: