Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back to Training!

Well, it is officially the holiday season now that we have had the annual HPR Christmas Party. This year we did the very traditional Christmas Costume Party. The theme of the party was "favourite 70's and 80's TV Character". Michael Brewer was up from Ohio so he, Rach and I went as the Dukes of Hazzard. It was a great time and a great way to celebrate my first week back at training (although I am not sure you should celebrate training with copious amounts of beer).

The training last week went really well, I was a little surprised at how good I felt in general. The only real test I did was in the pool where we did a 400 long course time trial. I ended up doing a 5:14 (the hard way, out in 2:31). I thought I was still fit when I started and I put a body length and half on Rach in the first 200. Unfortunately, I am NOT as fit as I thought and it felt like somebody attached an anchor to me for the last 100m. Rach came storming by to go 5:13.

At this time of year everything is really light, but I just don't feel as out of shape as I have starting training the last few years. This is a good thing as I am planning on doing IM New Zealand in 10 weeks from now.

No comments: